Deferred ActionUncategorized

What is Deferred Action?

Table of Contents

Department of Homeland Security gives Deferred Action and permission to work in the United States to some young people who are present in the United States illegally. Young people granted Deferred Action have legal status in the United States for the duration of validity of their work permit, can get a Social Security number and driver’s license. Deferred Action is granted for two years, then it can be renewed for another two years. The program of Deferred Action currently does not lead to Permanent Residency in the United States. 

What must the applicant for Deferred Action prove?

  • that you were not born before June 16, 1981
  • came to the U.S. before your sixteenth birthday
  • continuously resided in the U.S. since June 15, 2007 and up to the date of application
  • were in the U.S. on June 15, 2012, and at the time of application
  • came to the U.S. illegally before June 15, 2012, or on June 15, 2012 your visa had expired
  • are in school or graduated from high school, or have been honorably discharged from the U.S. Armed Forces or Coast Guard
  • have not been convicted of a felony, a significant misdemeanor, or three or more non-significant misdemeanors and are not a threat to public safety

What documents must be submitted to apply for Deferred Action?

You need to fill out Forms I-821d, I-765 and I-765WS, attach a check for $ 465, two passport photos and enclose all the necessary evidence.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *