Fiancé(e) visa K-1Visas

Fiancé(e) visa K-1

Table of Contents

K-1 visa is available for a U.S. citizen (Petitioner) wishing to bring a foreign national fiancé(e) living abroad (Beneficiary) to the United States to marry.

Application Process

Eligibility Requirements

U.S. citizen Petitioner must show that:

  • Petitioner is a U.S. citizen
  • Petitioner intends to marry Beneficiary within 90 days of Beneficiary’s entering the United States
  • Petitioner and Beneficiary are both free to marry–all previous marriages have been legally terminated by divorce, death, or annulment
  • Petitioner met Beneficiary in person at least once within two years of filing the petition. There are two exceptions to this requirement that require a waiver:
  1. If the requirement to meet would violate strict and long-established customs of Petitioner or Beneficiary’s foreign culture or social practice
  2. If Petitioner proves that the requirement to meet would result in extreme hardship to Petitioner

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *